Monday, November 19, 2012

Blog #4

       When I have worked with Shirley and Marylin I have found

 that they love having me as company. Because they both live

alone, they do not always have someone there to talk to, so when I

come over they love to talk.They both always ask me about school

and we always talk about what is going on in theirs lives. Shirley

always asks me about my family and how my brother is doing with 

 his trap shooting, and Marylin and I always talk about school.

        I have found that active listening is very important when I am

with them. I help them fill in the social aspect of their lives,

therefore it's very important for me to actively listen so I can

respond to them appropriately. I think this is why I have strong

relationships with them and why they trust me helping them.

 Because I know that my listening has strengthened my

relationships to them, I know how important good communication

in the form of active listening is to relationships. 

No comments:

Post a Comment